Tuesday, June 21, 2016

Traveling Woman Shawl

Perhaps the name of this shawl is a portent of travels to come... I purchased this lovely pattern before I found the right yarn and added it to my pattern notebook, which is really just another version of a yarn stash, except it's ideas and paper. The pattern is available on Ravelry: http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/traveling-woman 
I chose to do the pattern in Berrocco Boboli Lace, 350 yds, in color #4350 it reminds me of fall... both the leaves and brilliant skies. The yarn is a wool/acrylic/viscose mix of varying gauge, the thick bits aren't too lumpy, but the thinnest sections were very thin, think button weight thread. This was an easy and very satisfying knit. The yarn blocked beautifully and my new shawl will certainly be a lovely autumn accent to my wardrobe.

No comments:

Post a Comment