Sunday, December 21, 2014

Winter Solstice

Today is the winter solstice for the Northern Hemisphere, and a new moon which is 0% of full. It is dark outside. The sun set here at 4:43pm today, after rising at 7:16am, making today the shortest day of the year, but the longest night. As usual, given my night shift schedule, I missed the sunrise but I am well aware of the moonless dark of this evening. I have lit my bayberry candle to celebrate the season while I continue to work on Christmas projects.

A daughter's boyfriend will be the recipient of this stocking since he has passed the three-year duration mark. I love working with felt and have had a pleasant afternoon appliqueing the cutout felt to a store bought stocking. A crafting purist I am not! My perspective on holiday projects is fairly realistic... okay, well let's just say I have developed an awareness that I can only undertake the basics given the demands of the season. Besides who would say "no thanks" to a cute stocking full of gifts and chocolate?

No comments:

Post a Comment