Wednesday, January 18, 2017

Walkin' in new shoes...

Icelandic shoe liners
Inauguration day approaches, and I do not intend to add to the litany of opinions and fear generated thus far about our President-elect. Instead, I want to express my appreciation for the Obamas and their courteous/thoughtful/socially-aware representation of our country worldwide.

Never before has the role of President been so publicly scrutinized throughout the media, both increasing public access and disseminating information about the inner workings of our government. Hopefully, this awareness will endure, keeping us vigilant of our rights in these changing times. As I look forward to these next four years, I want to remain a good steward of the gains our society has made, make thoughtful contributions to my community and continue to vote in good conscience. While this new administration may not have been my ideal choice, it has been democratically elected, and I wholly believe in the goodness of people, the power of a free citizenry and the wisdom of the Constitution.

No comments:

Post a Comment