Thursday, December 19, 2013

Done!

Projects are being completed, just in the nick of time. This baby project came up suddenly, when I realized I might not catch up with the lucky woman until after she delivered in February. Anyway, I sat down and found a couple of easy patterns. The booties are from the book, One Skein: 30 quick projects by Leigh Radford. I added a green stripe on the booties so they would co-ordinate better with the hat. The little fruit beanie is on Pinterest (of course) and it knit up beautifully. Here's the link to the free pattern: http://acechick.typepad.com/knitchicks_patterns/2006/01/strawberry_bean.html  
I used Crystal Palace Yarn Merino 5, in what I call raspberry crush, but is labeled color #1013. This yarn is very springy, 100% superwash merino and it comes in 110yd balls. I got both the hat & booties out of one ball. The lime yarn is Simplicity by Hikoo, 107m ball with fiber content 55% superwash merino, 28% acrylic, 17% nylon. This yarn is lovely and soft, it almost feels like a plush cotton. I plan to knit up a few pairs of booties just using this yarn in total or better yet... a pair of cozy big people socks! Hmmm... later after Christmas.


No comments:

Post a Comment